Your 2024 resolution should be to seek nature spots in your city
The power of nature and social connections is the subject of an article in Horizon magazine, which uses RECETAS as good practice!
RECETAS and GoGreenRoutes, another project funded by the European Union’s H2020 programme, aim at studying these links between mental health and nature, and at providing adequate solutions.
- The RECETAS Project is testing a method of nature-based social prescribing on voluntary groups of people to evaluate the benefits on mental health and alleviate loneliness
- The GoGreenRoutes project is implementing nature-based solutions (green corridors, walkways, etc) to enhance the physical and mental health of urban residents.
- In Prague, where the RECETAS Project formed a group that has been helpful to people going through tough times.
- In Lahti, where a forest walkway has been built to bring the benefits of nature to workers, patients and visitors.
- Khullar, D. (2016, December 22). How Social Isolation Is Killing Us. The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/22/upshot/how-social-isolation-is-killing-us.html
- National Academies of Sciences E, Medicine. Social isolation and loneliness in older adults: Opportunities for the health care system. National Academies Press; 2020.